Kristen and Douglas had their wedding at Secrets Cap Cana, and it was positively stunning. This luxurious, adults-only resort is located in the gated community of Cap Cana, about 15 minutes from Punta Cana International Airport. They offer wedding ceremonies in the garden gazebo or on a private beach. Kristen and Douglas tied the knot on the private beach overlooking the Caribbean sea. It was a beautiful day from start to finish!
Wedding at Secrets Cap Cana
Kristen and Douglas are a fun-loving couple from Chicago. When they were dating, they came to Punta Cana on vacation and had an amazing time. Eventually, when Douglas proposed and the wedding planning began, they thought back to their wonderful experience and decided that Punta Cana would be a great place to get married. They invited all of their closest family and friends and set out for the trip of a lifetime.
Their wedding at Secrets Cap Cana was absolutely incredible! They had a first look to calm their nerves and to spend some time taking photos together before all of their guests arrived for the ceremony. Then, they got married on a private beach, overlooking the ocean, with lush palm trees and greenery all around.
Their wedding vows were heartfelt, honest, and sincere. Douglas shared some wisdom through his words, explaining that we all have different love languages, and we each receive and accept love differently. He vowed to speak Kristen’s love language and give her the type of love she desires most. So what exactly was Douglas talking about?
The 5 Love Languages
The five love languages describe how we each feel, experience, and express love. This idea was created by Dr. Gary Chapman in his book The Five Love Languages. He explains that everyone experiences and expresses love differently. The five love languages help us to better understand ourselves and our partners, therefore, creating stronger relationships. So what are the different love languages?
- Words of Affirmation -This person appreciates compliments, words of encouragement, and verbal (or written) reminders that you love them.
- Acts of Service – The “actions speak louder than words” mantra is the key here. It could be any act that helps out your partner (ie. doing the dishes, grocery shopping, cooking, etc.).
- Receiving Gifts – This person appreciates receiving meaningful and thoughtful gifts. It could be simple (like a pint of ice cream) or something grand (like expensive jewelry), but it doesn’t always have to be materialistic.
- Quality Time – Spending quality time together is the most important to this person.
- Physical Touch – This person needs physical contact to feel secure in the relationship. They’re all about holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc.
Once you know your partner’s love language, you can start showing them the love they truly desire. And your relationship will flourish!
Wedding Video at Secrets Cap Cana
Check out Kristen & Douglas’ beautiful wedding at Secrets Cap Cana in the video below:
Ready to start planning your wedding day? Get in contact with us today!