Resorts in Punta Cana are a dream come true for destination weddings. Lopesan Costa Bavaro is no exception. It is a beautiful, brand new resort in Punta Cana. If you’re considering this resort for your wedding week, you’ve come to the right place.
I’ll tell you all about Lopesan Costa Bavaro. The good. The bad. And the ugly. Specifically when it comes to your stay and your wedding. I’ll even show you some photos of Teresa and Tommy’s wedding there!
If you’re strapped for time, scroll down to see a little snapshot from their lovely wedding day.
Otherwise, let’s get started!
Lopesan Costa Bavaro
The first thing you need to know about this resort is that it’s absolutely beautiful. It will blow you away. It’s a brand spanking new hotel in Punta Cana. That means new buildings, new restaurants, new pools – new everything.
But, as with any brand new business, there are always a few kinks that need to be worked out. I’ll tell you what this resort does really well, and where they can improve so you can make a more informed decision about if this is the resort for you.
Let’s start with the good news:
There are so many amazing things to say about this resort. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be in awe. Towering palm trees. Vibrant flowers. Modern architecture. The buildings are beautiful, and they look even better all lit up at night. You’ll feel like you’ve arrived to paradise.
This is the one thing that everyone who stays here can agree on: the resort is breathtaking.
Aside from that, I’ll tell you 3 things I loved about this resort:
- The rooms are comfortable, clean, and spacious. And the decor is perfect for the space. It’s modern with a tropical feel, which is very different from some of the outdated decor in other resorts. I love these rooms for your getting ready photos because there’s a ton of space and beautiful lighting from the balcony windows.
- The main pool is gorgeous! It’s a huge, infinity-style pool that looks straight out over the ocean. You can’t get a better view!
- Speaking of the ocean, this is one of the best beaches in Bavaro. The water is crystal clear most days, and they don’t seem to get as much seaweed as other beaches in the area. The water is shallow and very calm. And of course, you’ll still have that amazing soft white sand that Punta Cana is famous for.
Now that we’ve seen the good things, let me tell you a few areas where Lopesan Costa Bavaro could improve.
The Bad (Okay, it’s not so bad)
There are a few minor things that are not quite functioning at their best. Not yet, at least. Things like long check-in times, a lack of daily activities by the pool, and overall staff expertise throughout the hotel. This is all to be expected with a brand new resort…
Lopesan Costa Bavaro needs a little more time and experience to make sure everything flows smoothly at their resort.
A few other things you should know:
- The resort is huge! I know some people prefer large resorts, so this may be a good option for you, but that’s not really my style. If this fits you, then great! Just expect to walk quite a bit between buildings and to the beach.
- There is still a portion of the hotel that is under construction. Hopefully, they will finish soon, and everything will be open like expected, but obviously with covid things are moving a little slower than usual.
That’s not so bad, right? Well, there is one thing that’s a common complaint at this resort. So here goes…
The main problem at this resort is the beach chairs. Or lack thereof. The beach gets crowded very fast!
There are simply not enough chairs for all of the guests at the hotel. And people can get feisty about it. I’ve seen guests go out to the beach at 6 am to reserve chairs. And I’ve even seen a few guests fighting over them.
Hopefully, Lopesan Costa Bavaro has a solution for this in the future because it is an incredibly beautiful beach that guests should enjoy during their vacation.
If you’re considering this resort for your wedding week, don’t let this deter you. You can still expect an amazing vacation!
Now let’s move on to the fun stuff and talk about a beautiful wedding at Lopesan!
Note: As of October 2023, this has dramatically improved!
Teresa & Tommy’s Wedding at Lopesan Costa Bavaro
Teresa and Tommy are a fun, goofy couple from Canada. They were brave enough to have their wedding at Lopesan Costa Bavaro as one of the first weddings at the hotel! (And coincidentally, it was also one of the last since covid hit right after, and the hotel closed down.)
They had a beautiful beach wedding ceremony. The diamond arch backdrop with delicate white roses and greenery looked amazing underneath all the palm trees! All of the decor was lovely. And the flowers were stunning! Especially Teresa’s cascading bouquet. Wow!
The nice thing about this ceremony location is that it looks out onto the ocean so the view is amazing, but you’re actually not right on the beach. There’s a hard tile surface which makes it easier to walk, and you don’t get sand all over everything. Plus, you can wear heels!
The only thing I’d mention is that it is in a pretty central location of the beach. There were a lot of other hotel guests around, looking in on the ceremony (in their bikinis and speedos). It’s not a very private or intimate location.
Since this was one of their first weddings, I would say Lopesan Costa Bavaro still has a few things to work out, and some extra experience will be helpful to ensure a seamless wedding. But overall, it was a beautiful day. The hotel staff were always friendly and accommodating.
And most importantly, the couple and their guests had a blast!
Take a look at some of their wedding photos down below:
Get in contact with us to start planning your own wedding in Punta Cana!