Jordan and Garrett’s Kukua beach wedding was gorgeous! The sun was shining, the decor was stunning, and they were surrounded by family and friends. Add in some great food, some good music, and an open bar, and you’ve got yourself an amazing wedding day. It doesn’t get much better than that!
If you’re looking for a photographer in Punta Cana or a venue for your destination wedding, you’ve come to the right place! Here I’ll show you a real wedding at Kukua Beach Club, along with photos, tips, and ideas for planning your own beach wedding.
If you’re just here for the wedding photos, well, scroll on down because we’ve got a ton from Jordan and Garrett’s special day.
Otherwise, let’s get started with some info about Kukua.
Kukua Beach Club & Restaurant
I know you’ve heard me say it before, but I’ll say it over and over again. Kukua is one of my favorite wedding venues in the Dominican Republic. They have everything you need for the most fantastic wedding day.
From the beautiful beach location with a bridal suite and groom’s room to the gorgeous ceremony locations and reception space. You’ll have everything in one place. Plus, the food from their restaurant is to die for (way better than anything you’ll find at the resorts) and their service is incredible. Your guests will be raving about Kukua for years to come!
The best part about planning a Kukua beach wedding is that you’ll be paired with their all-star wedding planning and decor team who will ensure everything looks beautiful and runs smoothly on your wedding day. What more could you ask for?
It might not be easy to choose between a resort wedding vs. a private venue, but once you decide on Kukua Beach Club, your life will get a whole lot easier. Planning a wedding is not always easy, but the process will go so much smoother with this team by your side. Trust me! You won’t regret it.
Just check out the decor from Jordan and Garrett’s Kukua beach wedding:
Tips for Planning a Beach Wedding
Now that you’ve decided on a wedding venue, here are a few tips to keep in mind when planning your own beach wedding.
- Hire vendors you trust. Your wedding planner will likely give you a list of their recommended vendors so you don’t have to drive yourself crazy here. Just make sure it’s a good fit when you’re choosing a hair and makeup artist, a wedding officiant, and a photographer. It’ll make your day go a lot smoother.
- Prepare for rain. You’re getting married on the beach in the Caribbean so yes, it’s a possibility. But don’t stress about it! It’s impossible to know what the weather will be like until the morning of your wedding day. So put down the phone. Stop checking the weather. And have a backup plan with your venue just in case it does rain.
- Have an unplugged ceremony. Invite all of your guests to be fully present with you – no cell phones allowed.
- Take the word “perfect” out of your wedding vocabulary. There’s no such thing. Something will go wrong – and that’s okay! As long as you keep your cool, and you and your guests have a good time, it’s going to be an amazing day.
- Enjoy the party. Forget about the cameras and dance your heart out. Celebrate with your new husband and your guests. You deserve it!
Jordan & Garrett’s Kukua Beach Wedding
These two lovebirds are from Kansas, and like many of our couples, they had never been to Punta Cana before. They actually wanted to get married somewhere new, and they heard that the Dominican Republic was beautiful, so it just made sense.
Jordan and Garrett were initially booked at Hard Rock Punta Cana but ended up switching their wedding venue to Kukua Beach Club. Check out some of the differences between All-Inclusive Resorts vs. Private Venues for your Punta Cana Wedding to see why this was an excellent choice! Kukua really goes above and beyond for their brides. I told you – their team is amazing! But let’s get back to Jordan and Garrett’s big day.
Jordan got ready with her girls in the bridal suite, and Garrett got ready in the groom’s room. When they were ready to go, looking their best, the bride and groom did a first look and saw each other for the first time. A first look is a great excuse to get some alone time and to get some extra photos of the two of you.
Next, it was time for the ceremony. They had the cutest little ring bearers and flower girl who set the stage for the beautiful bride’s arrival down the aisle. Jordan looked stunning!
After the ceremony, we took family photos, wedding party photos, and couple’s photos, and then it was time for the reception. They had dinner and speeches, cake cutting, and a dessert table complete with a wall of gold donuts. Yum!
After dancing the night away, they ended the reception with a crazy hour, and then the newlyweds jumped into the pool!
Check out some of their photos below:
Doesn’t their Kukua beach wedding look amazing? I hope you’re getting excited for your own wedding in Punta Cana. It’ll be here before you know it!
Still looking for a photographer for the big day? Be sure to contact us to learn about our wedding photography and videography packages. We’d love to be there for you!