We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again – Jellyfish is an amazing venue for a wedding! We’ll never get tired of shooting weddings here. Between the beautiful ocean views, the kind-hearted wedding planner, Janelkis, the delicious food, and the attentive service, it’s hard to imagine a better venue.
Jellyfish is the Perfect Beach Venue
- It’s absolutely beautiful! You can have your ceremony right on the beach – surrounded by palm trees and turquoise water. What could be better than that? Plus their two-story restaurant & lounge offers panoramic views of the entire ocean. Once inside, you’ll see the decor is a perfect combination of beachy vibes and rustic elegance.
- It’s a private location. You won’t have hundreds of other hotel guests staring at you while you walk down the aisle. It’ll just be you & your groom, and your loved ones cheering you on.
- Janelkis (the wedding planner) will make all of your dreams come true! She will help you plan the perfect day from start to finish. Even though you’re planning from a distance, you won’t have to worry about a thing with her as your planner!
- Did we already mention how delicious the food is? Try the seabass in a ginger & passionfruit sauce. It literally melts in your mouth. If you’re not into seafood, they have a ton of other options as well. Including a gluten-free menu! Score. Trust us, you and your guests won’t be disappointed!
- The service is hands-down one of the best in Punta Cana. They are all professional and know how to run a wedding smoothly. Everyone is there to support you and to help out on your special day. Plus, the entire staff is always smiling (and they may be dancing too).
Should You Have a First Look?
There seems to be a pretty hot debate about having a first look, but honestly, we love them! Here are just a few reasons why:
- It’s more intimate. With just the two of you, you’ll get to enjoy a quiet moment together before the real hustle-and-bustle of the day begins.
- There’s less pressure! Since it is just you two, you don’t have to worry about the hundreds of eyes staring, just waiting for your reactions. No fighting to hold yourselves together in front of all your guests. You just get to be yourselves! What that really means is..
- You can cry as much as you want! Or laugh. Kiss. Dance. Jump up & down. Whatever it is that you two do together that will help calm your nerves for the rest of the day. You’ll have the chance to do it now.
Malisa & Steven chose to have a first look, but that doesn’t mean that it’s the right choice for every couple. Think about the pros and cons and you can decide what makes sense for you.
Malisa & Steven’s Jellyfish Wedding
Malisa and Steven are such a fun-loving couple. They were literally always laughing! She is from Canada and he is from Ireland so having their two families together was a special occasion for everyone.
They have been together for six years but had actually never traveled to the Dominican Republic before! They chose to get married in Punta Cana after hearing about the beautiful beaches here – which are some of the most beautiful beaches in the world if you haven’t heard. A get away with their closest family and friends, doesn’t that sound amazing? Punta Cana just felt like the right choice!
So if you’re thinking about having your wedding in Punta Cana but have never been here either, don’t worry about it! It can be done! And quite beautifully! Just take a look at Malisa & Steven’s photos to see for yourself.
Wedding Venue: Jellyfish Restaurant
Wedding planner: Janelkis Sanchez Garrido
Makeup artist: Krystie Ann
Officiant: Malisa (the bride’s) brother
MC: Jehison Cabrera
Photographer/Videographer: Punta Cana Photographer