• Author
    Amber Mitchell
    Participant

Someone on Facebook brought up the La Barcaza Wedding & Event Boat as a good option for the big day. I had never heard of it so I did a bit of googling around and I really like the way this sounds. You can opt to be wed on the boat or on the beach. The celebration happens on the boat during the day or evening/night. I think it would be a lot of fun to have an entire ship on the water for the celebration.

I am considering the cons here though. Some people may be seasick, drinking on water might not be a good idea, and if the weather, God forbid, goes south we’d be stuck on shore. I have never attended a wedding on a boat to really know what to expect. What do you gals/guys think?

Kathy
    Participant

I think the biggest con would be being stuck on water for the event unless they dock the boat which I am not sure about. I have been to one wedding on a boat and it was beautiful. There were fireworks being shot in the distance over the water and everything.

Drinking on water is fine so long as the rails are high on deck and there are people on board to monitor people’s drinking.

Bella M.
    Participant

What time of year do you plan on going? I know some months have more rain and chances of storms than others so if you are planning your wedding day in one of those months, I wouldn’t risk having it be held on a boat!

Amber Mitchell
    Participant

I was thinking that the drinking would be the biggest issues but I see what you mean with the rails on these kinds of boats.

As for the time of year, I am not entirely sure but we are thinking August or September. Do I have to worry about rain or storms?? I hope not! 🙁

Sara D.
    Participant

August and September are still considered to be in the “hurricane season” for places like this. You typically don’t have to worry about major storms but the chance of a tropical downpour is there. It is also on the hotter side still in August so if heat bugs you, like high humidity, then opt for September or October.

Bella M.
    Participant

Sara is right, those are still considered wetter months.

However, you can look at this another way and if it does rain, it may end up looking really beautiful. I have seen some rain storms on the ocean and they are quite amazing. Just be sure where you get married will be covered and you should be fine!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest