Let’s talk about a pre-wedding beauty routine to help you get flawless skin and gorgeous hair for the big day!
When it comes to planning a wedding in a sunny, humid destination like Punta Cana, your pre-wedding beauty routine should be pretty high on your list of priorities. After all, you want to look and feel your best on your wedding day!
And although you’ll have a lot going on with wedding planning, looking after your skin and hair prior to the wedding day is an important part of the entire process. So how do you do that? Well – just like the rest of your wedding prep – it’s all about making a plan and committing to a routine. From getting facials at the right time to tea tree oil for your hair, these top tips will really help.
Your Pre-Wedding Beauty Routine for Sexy Skin
As soon as you’ve set a date for the big day, it’s time to really start looking after your skin. And if you don’t already have one, a daily routine is key. It’s simple too! Just be sure to follow the step-by-step plan: Cleanse, exfoliate, tone, and moisturize. Once you’ve got those foundations down, you can start to be more specific and add some extras to take your skin to the next level of gorgeous.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do get a facial. The deep moisturizing treatment will give you a really fresh look.
- Don’t get a facial right before your wedding day. You don’t want to risk any sort of redness or reaction. Have your last one no closer than a week before the big day.
- Do experiment early on. Identifying products that match up to your skin type is going to produce the best results. It might take a little trial and error but as long as you’ve got time, it’s worth the effort.
- Don’t keep experimenting for long. The last thing you want is to try a new product in the last few weeks leading up to your wedding and to have your skin react. So stick to what works and consult a professional if you need to!
- Do exercise and eat a balanced diet. Exercise will not only help you reach your body goals, but it will also help you battle the inevitable wedding planning stress. Drinking plenty of water and eating a healthy diet packed with fresh fruit and veggies will help provide your skin with all the nutrients it needs.
- Don’t eat high-sugar and high-fat foods. Both will increase the risk of your skin looking and feeling bad. And both could lead to breakouts. Keep your diet fresh and clean, and your skin will reap the rewards.
- Do protect from the sun. When you touch down in your sunny wedding destination you need to make sure to protect your skin! So lay on the sunscreen right away – nobody wants red faces in their wedding photos!
Your Beauty Routine for Gorgeous Hair
Just like your skin, the key to having gorgeous hair for your wedding day is setting a routine and sticking to a few key rules. Find a stylist as early as you can and, along with style tips, they can give you hair care tips too. In terms of the building blocks for a good pre-wedding hair care routine, the following tips will really help.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do start your routine early on. Find the products that match your hair and set in place your weekly routine.
- Don’t go crazy in the last few weeks. Colors, new treatments, and different products are not a good idea in the final weeks. They could stress your hair and cause you problems that you really don’t need.
- Do wash your hair three times a week. Keeping your hair clean is always important and this is a tried and tested method – unless a professional tells you otherwise.
- Don’t over-wash. Using shampoo every day runs the risk of stripping your locks of their natural oils, leaving them dry and limp.
- Do treat your hair with essential oils. A weekly treatment will do wonders for the condition of your locks. For example, using tea tree oil for hair will help promote growth and keep it glossy. Applying tea tree oil for hair can also prevent common issues like dandruff and dry scalp.
- Don’t use excessive heat. Whether it’s hot water, stylers, or dryers, too much heat can cause your hair to become frazzled. Instead, rinse with cool water and limit the amount of heat you use to style and dry.
With a solid routine and these handy tips, you can look forward to seeing gorgeous skin and hair on your wedding day and in your wedding photos!
Ready to start planning your dream wedding? Get in contact with us today 🙂