Are you considering getting married in Bayahibe? It’s an amazing destination in the Dominican Republic so you’re making a great choice! Bayahibe is renowned for its breathtaking beaches, crystal-clear waters, and amazing sunsets! It’s also a hub for exploring natural attractions nearby like Saona Island so you don’t want to miss it!
Here I’ll give some insight into why Bayahibe is an ideal location for your destination wedding, and I’ll provide some tips for planning a beautiful wedding day.
Let’s get started with some general questions.
Where is Bayahibe?
Bayahibe is a charming little town located on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic.
It is about 15 minutes from La Romana, an hour from Punta Cana, and 2 hours from Santo Domingo. If you’re getting married in Bayahibe, you and your guests can fly into any of these airports for your wedding week. Sometimes you can find cheaper flights through Santo Domingo or Punta Cana compared to La Romana since they are both larger airports.
What is There To Do in Bayahibe?
Bayahibe is a lively little town with plenty of activities and excursions. Here are some of my favorites:
- Explore Saona Island. Saona Island is one of the most popular attractions in the area… and for good reason. This beautiful island is a paradise of white-sand beaches and turquoise waters. Take a boat tour to Saona Island and spend the day swimming, sunbathing, and relaxing. If you’re lucky, you may even see some starfish in the natural pools.
- Go scuba diving. The waters around Bayahibe are home to some of the best scuba diving sites in the Caribbean. Explore the coral reefs and underwater landscapes, and discover a world of colorful marine life.
- Visit Altos de Chavon. Altos de Chavon is a beautiful village that is home to an amphitheater, a church, and a variety of shops and restaurants. The village is known for its stunning views and charming atmosphere. Take a stroll through the cobblestone streets, admire the architecture, and enjoy the local cuisine. Or schedule a couple’s photoshoot to get stunning photos from your vacation.
- Relax on the beach. Of course, this is one of the best things to do in Bayahibe! That’s what you came to the Caribbean for, isn’t it? These are some of the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic so you have to take advantage and get some sunshine!
- Watch the sunset. Head to one of the many beachfront bars or restaurants and watch the sun dip below the horizon while enjoying an ice-cold drink.
Getting Married in Bayahibe
Are you ready for the wedding of your dreams? Bayahibe has everything you need to make your special day unforgettable.
One of the best things about getting married in Bayahibe is the stunning natural beauty of the area. Imagine exchanging your vows against a backdrop of crystal-clear waters and swaying palm trees. Then, dance the night away on the beach with your family and friends under the stars. It’s pure magic!
First things first:
Choose a wedding venue or resort to host your wedding. From there, you’ll be paired with a wedding planner to help you with all the details. (Beware: Resort wedding planners are notoriously slow to reply so be prepared for that throughout the wedding planning process. They’re not intentionally ghosting you – it might just feel that way.)
Once you have your venue sorted, it’s time to get excited about all the amazing options available for your wedding. Do you want to get married on the beach with the sand between your toes and the sound of the waves in the background? Or maybe you’d prefer a more private setting like a gazebo. How about in the gardens surrounded by flowers and greenery? Whatever your vision, Bayahibe has plenty of options for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and wedding reception.
And let’s not forget about the honeymoon! After you say “I do,” you can kick back and relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth. Enjoy the beach, indulge in delicious local cuisine, and explore all the fantastic activities Bayahibe has to offer!
Resorts in Bayahibe for your Destination Wedding
There are a ton of beautiful resorts to consider for your wedding day. These resorts offer breathtaking backdrops for your ceremony and reception. Pristine beaches. Lush gardens. Infinity pools overlooking the Caribbean Sea. What could be better than that? These resorts also offer a wide range of wedding packages that include everything from decor and floral arrangements to music and catering.
Here is a quick list of the best resorts in Bayahibe for your destination wedding:
- Altos de Chavon / Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
- Hilton La Romana
- Dreams Dominicus La Romana
- Catalonia Royal La Romana
- Iberostar Selection Hacienda Dominicus
- Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach
- Tracadero Beach Resort (This one’s a private venue – and yes, it’s beautiful!)
With luxurious amenities like spas, private beaches, and top-rated restaurants, these resorts provide the ultimate relaxation and indulgence for you and your guests.
Wedding Photography in Bayahibe
Alright, so technically our name is Punta Cana Photographer, but we love love love traveling outside of Punta Cana for weddings. Bayahibe is a dream location for your wedding photos! With crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and lush greenery, there are endless opportunities for stunning wedding photography. But the real kicker is the sunset.
After your ceremony, the sun will be setting over the ocean which will create the perfect backdrop for your romantic couple’s photos. You’ll get that soft, romantic lighting that the golden hour is famous for. And you and your guests will be swooning over the beautiful colors of the sea and the sky.
Aside from the beach, there are tons of unique photo-op locations around the different resorts in Bayahibe. From the gorgeous suites that are perfect for your getting ready photos to the beautiful gardens for your first look and the terraces and ballrooms for your reception. The options are endless! And you’ll fall in love all over again when you see your wedding photos.
Final Thoughts on Getting Married in Bayahibe
In conclusion, getting married in Bayahibe is a wonderful option for couples looking for a beautiful and romantic destination. With its stunning natural beauty, experienced wedding planners, and a wide range of venues and activities, Bayahibe is the perfect place to start your happily ever after.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your dream wedding in Bayahibe today and get ready to create memories that will last a lifetime!
Once you’ve booked a venue and a date, be sure to contact us for your wedding photography and videography needs.
Happy Planning 🙂